THE HOLY SPIRIT: WHO IS HE?
See Mat 28:19; Jn 15:26; 2 Cor 13:14; and 1 Pet 1:2
2. The Spirit, God, and Jesus Christ- Romans 8:9-10; Acts 16:6-7
a. The Spirit of God. Gen 1:2; Mat 12:28
b. The Holy Spirit is God. Acts 5:3-4 Ananias Lied to God (The Holy Spirit)
c. The Holy Spirit is the Lord 2 Cor 3:17-18
3. Characteristics of the Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit …
a. Knows all. (Omniscient) 1Cor 2:10
b. Is Everywhere. (Omnipresent) Ps 129:7-12
c. Is All-Powerful (Omnipotent) Rom 15:19; 8:11
d. Is Eternal. Heb 9:14
e. Is Holy. Rom 1:4
f. Gives Life. Rom 8:11
g. Inspired the Word of God. 2 Pet 1:21, 2 Tim 3:16
h. Is our Helper . Jn 14:26
We received the holy Spirit by repenting and being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ - Acts 2:38. We can appreciate this gift even more by reflecting upon His characteristics.
Memory Verse: Romans 8:9
1. T F The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all God.
2. T F Sometimes the Bible identifies the Spirit as being the Lord.
3. T F The Holy Spirit is omnipresent.
4. What are 4 characteristics of the Holy Spirit?
5. Draw a diagram showing the relationship between the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.