HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST
I. TEXTUAL THOUGHTS
1. Philippians 2:5 - We should have the same mind or attitude as Christ.
2. Philippians 2:6 - This mindset includes how we think about God and ourself.
3. Philippians 2:7 - This way of thinking involves what kind of a person we become.
4. Philippians 2:7-8 - This mindset includes how to act toward God and people.
5. Philippians 2:9-11 - This includes thinking about the future.
II. MAIN THEME - The whole Bible calls us to think about, think like, and act like God. Jesus showed exactly God's nature. Love and mercy are major attributes of God's nature along with purity and justice.
1. The mind of God revealed in the Old Testament.
a. His holiness, Leviticus 19:2, Exodus 19:6.
b. His love, Levitucus19:17-18; Genesis 1:26-31.
c. His justice, 1 Chronicles 28:9, 29:11-18.
d. His mercy, Genesis 3:21; 6:8; 18:25-32.
2. The mind of God revealed in the Gospels.
a. Jesus revealed God's nature, John 6:40-54; 8:12-19;28-29.
b. Jesus revealed God's love, John 10:11-18; 17:20-26.
3. The mind of God revealed in the New Testament.
a. Paul - Romans 8:28-30; 2 Corinthians 3:18; Colossians 3:1-2.
b. Peter - 1 Peter 1:14-16, 2:21-24.
4. This kind of thinking and life brings joy, blessing and at the Judgment, great
1. Imitate the life Jesus lived - Philippians 1:27; 1 Corinthians 11:1.
2. Have an attitude of service, humility and selflessness - Philippians 2:3-4.
3. Obey in all circumstances, knowing God works in you - Philippians 2:12-13.
4. Face the world without fear, as brightly shining lights - Philippians. 2:14-16.
5. Live with Jesus' attitude even when no one is watching, this is a life worthy of the
Gospel - Philippians 1:27, 2:12.
IV. MEMORY VERSE - Philippians 2:5