FELLOWSHIP OF THE SPIRIT
I. TEXTUAL THOUGHTS
1. Philippians 2:1-2 - Having fellowship with the Spirit is one of several resources
which enable us to live a life worthy of the Gospel.
2. Our fellowship with the Spirit is often difficult to describe and discuss:
a. He is hard to see - John 3:5-8.
b. We receive the gift of the Holy Spirit at our baptism - Acts 2:38.
c. He dwells in and leads us - Romans 8:9,11,14.
d. Our fellowship is impossible to understand without the Holy Spirit -
1 Corinthians 2:10-16.
e. We walk by the Spirit - Galatians 5:16,25
f. Our relationship with the Spirit can be grieved or quenched - Ephesians 4:30-32;
1 Thessalonians 5:19.
II. MAIN THEME - When we have fellowship with the Spirit, our lives can be lived
worthy of the Gospel because we are able to:
1. Be convicted of sin, righteousness and judgment - John 16:8.
2. Have and maintain unity - Ephesians 4:1-3.
3. Commune with God despite our own weaknesses - Romans 8:26-27.
4. Have courage despite trials - 2 Corinthians 4:16-18.
5. Be and live like Christ - Galatians 5:22-23.
6. Know how much God loves us - Romans 5:5
7. Pray and worship - Ephesians 6:18; Philippians 3:2-3
8. Relate intimately with God - Romans 8:15-16
9. Have holy words of many kinds - Ephesians 5:18-20
1. Maintain your fellowship with the Spirit - Philippians 2:1.
a. Let bitterness, wrath...be put away - Ephesians 4:31.
b. Be kind, tenderhearted...to one another - Ephesians 4:32.
c. Don't despise prophetic utterances - 1 Thessalonians 5:20.
d. Examine everything carefully - 1 Thessalonians 5:21.
2. Set your mind on the things of the Spirit - Romans 8:5-6.
3. Let the Spirit lead you (obey the law of love) - Galatians 5:6-7,13.
IV. MEMORY VERSE - Philippians 2:1