CHILDREN OF GOD
I. TEXTUAL THOUGHTS
1. Philippians 2:15 - Ultimately, we're able to live a life worthy of the Gospel because
God has made us His children.
2. 1 John 3:1 - Sinners being made children of God is a great demonstration of God's
3. John 1:12; Galatians 3:26-29 - Believers, those baptized into Christ, are God's
4. Philippians 2:22 - As children, our heart desires to serve our Father.
II. MAIN THEME - Because God has adopted us, we are able to live a godly life.
1. We have a wonderful father-child relationship with the God of heaven and earth -
Romans 8, so:
a. We're not afraid of God, we're intimate with God - 8:15
b. The Spirit of God reminds us of our precious relationship with God - 8:16
c. We know we have and will receive blessings from God - 8:17; especially eternal
life - Titus 3:4-7.
d. God is helping us, and is for us - 8:28-31.
2. As our Father, He provides many resources (blessings) to help us grow:
a. People - 1 Corinthians 4:14-16; Ephesians 4:11-16.
b. The Holy Spirit - Galatians 3:2-3; Romans 8:5-9.
c. Christ - Philippians 4:13.
d. Gifts to be used for serving others - Ephesians 1:3; 1 Peter 4:10-11.
1. Obediently work out your salvation with fear and trembling - Philippians 2:12-16.
2. We should purify ourselves - Philippians 2:15; 1 John 3:3.
3. We should not murmur or argue - Philippians 2:14.
4. Display the word of life as described above - Philippians 2:16.
5. Pour out your life, for others - Philippians 2:17.
6. Rejoice in your relationship with God, and share your joy with others -
7. Exalt Christ in your body and mind - Philippians 1:20, 2:5.
IV. MEMORY VERSE - 1 John 3:1