MOSES LEADS ISRAEL OUT OF EGYPT
I. TEXTUAL THOUGHTS
1. Genesis 46:1-7- Israel took his family to Egypt.
2. Genesis 47:11, 27- Israel grew and multiplied exceedingly.
3. Exodus 1:7-22- Egypt feared Israel and made them slaves.
4. Exodus 2:23-25- God heard the cries of Israel.
5. Exodus 3:7-10- God planned to deliver His people from slavery.
II. MAIN THEM: God heard the cries of His people and planned to deliver them from slavery. He brought ten plagues upon Egypt, showing His power over the things that Egypt worshipped as gods. He demonstrated His Lordship by leading Israel from Egypt and destroying the Egyptian army in the Red Sea. God leading Israel from Egyptian slavery is a type of God delivering us from sin through faith in Jesus Christ.
1. Israel grew and prospered in Egypt.
a. According to God's promise, Genesis 46:3; 50:20.
b. The land was filled with them, Exodus 1:7.
2. Egypt feared the growing strength of Israel.
a. They made Israel slaves, Exodus 1:9-14.
b. They commanded the killing of all Israel's male children, Exodus 1:15-22.
3. Moses was born and protected from death.
a. Moses was adopted by the daughter of Pharaoh, Exodus 2:1-10.
b. Moses chose to be numbered with God's people, Exodus 2:11-15.
4. God selected Moses to lead Israel from captivity.
a. God appeared to Moses and revealed His plan, Exodus 3:1-14.
b. God demonstrated His power and convinced Moses, Exodus 4:1-17.
5. God delivered Israel from slavery.
a. Moses asked Pharaoh to let Israel go into the wilderness, Exodus 5:1-3.
b. Pharaoh refused and increased the burdens on Israel, Exodus 5:4-21.
c. God demonstrated His power in ten plagues brought upon Egypt,
d. The Passover was celebrated by Israel the night before they left Egypt,
e. Egypt's power was destroyed in the Red Sea, Exodus 14:13-31.
III. PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS
1. Jesus is our Passover lamb, and we are protected from death by His blood,
1 Cor 5:7-8; Hebrews 10:8-18; 1 Peter 1:18-25.
2. Moses chose to suffer with God's people, Hebrews 11:24-29..
3. Israel's baptism in the cloud and in the sea prefigures our own deliverance
from sin through our following Jesus Christ in obedience to the gospel,
1 Corinthians 10:1-13; Hebrews 5:9; 10:19-39.
IV. MEMORY VERSE- HEBREWS 11:24-26.