WORD OF TRUTH REVEALED THROUGH THE APOSTLES
I. TEXTUAL THOUGHTS
1. Ephesians 3:4-5; Colossians 1:25-26 - God's plan for loving and saving people was
hidden, a mystery, for a long time.
2. Matthew 13:10-11,16-17 - The plan was partially revealed by Jesus to His apostles.
3. John 14:23-26 - The gospel plan was completely revealed by the Holy Spirit to the apostles
4. Ephesians 3:6-10; Colossians 1:25-27 - The apostles were, and the church is, to reveal
the word of truth, the gospel, to all the people of the world.
II. MAIN THEME - God's plan to love and save people was revealed in many ways.
1. The mystery of God (the word of truth) was revealed in this order:
a. Through Jesus, God's son, the message was made clear - John 1:1; Revelation 1:1-2
b. Jesus taught his disciples (the twelve apostles) - Matthew 28:16-20; Galatians 1:11-12
c. The Holy Spirit reminded the apostles about what Jesus taught them -
John 14:25-26; 15:26-27; 16:7-15; 2 Peter 1:19-21
d. Therefore, Jesus and the apostles are our foundation for learning - Ephesians 2:19-20
2. The Holy Spirit made the mystery known through:
a. The apostles - John 14:25-26; John 20:19-23; 1 Peter 1:10-12
b. The hearers of the gospel - 1 Corinthians 2:6-16; Ephesians 4:20-21
c. The death, burial, and resurrection story of Jesus - 1 Corinthians 15:1-8
d. The confirmation of the message with signs and miracles - Hebrews 2:3-4
3. The apostles revealed the mystery of God through:
a. Preaching - Acts 2:22f; 3:18f; Ephesians 6:19-20
b. Their lives - 2 Corinthians 4:7-13; 1 Thessalonians 2:1-12
c. Their prayers - Ephesians 1:15-23; Colossians 1:5-12
d. Their deaths - Acts 12:1-2; John 21:18-19; Philippians 1:19-24
1. Read and understand the apostle's insights into the gospel - Ephesians 3:4-5
2. Receive, stand in, and hold on to the gospel - 1 Corinthians 15:1-2
3. Pray that the brethren respond in a like manner to the message of salvation -
Ephesians 1:13-19; Colossians 1:9-12
4. Look for and expect the Spirit of God to give you growing insights into the gospel -
Romans 8:15-16; 1 Corinthians 2:10-13
5. As you grow in your understanding of the gospel, share it with others - Ephesians 3:10
IV. MEMORY VERSE - Ephesians 3:4-5