"THE KNOWLEDGE OF HIM IN EVERY PLACE”
I. TEXTUAL THOUGHTS
1. 2 Corinthians 2:14-16 - God works through us to make Jesus known in every place.
2. Mark 16:15-16, Matthew 28:18-19 - Jesus commanded the gospel to be preached in every place.
3. 2 Corinthians 4:1-7 - Responsibility for preaching the gospel has been given to us.
4. Ephesians 3:10-21 - God gave this work to His church.
5. 2 Timothy 2:2 - This work is passed from generation to generation in the church.
II. MAIN THEME - God wants the knowledge of Jesus Christ spread to every person. He gave the responsibility for preaching the gospel to His church, and as members of the body of Christ who have been given responsibility for preaching the gospel, this task belongs to us today.
1. God wants Jesus known in every place.
a. He wants everyone to be saved, 2 Peter3:9, John 3:16.
b. Salvation is only in Jesus, Acts 4:12, Mark 16:16.
2. Jesus gave the responsibility for spreading the message to His apostles,
Matthew 28:19, Mark 16:15, Luke 24:46-49, Acts 2:14-36.
3. That responsibility has passed to us, Matthew 28:20, 2 Timothy 2:2, 2 Corinthians 4:1-7.
4. The church has responsibility to spread the knowledge of Jesus.
a. Because God wants to receive glory through His family, the church, Ephesians 3:10-21, 4:11-16.
b. Christians working together in the church can send men to new places, Acts 13:1-5, Romans 10:14-15.
5. The knowledge of Jesus is the aroma of life to those who believe.
a. Because faith comes from hearing God's word, John 20:30-31, Romans 10:17.
b. All who believe can have life in Jesus, John 3:14-17, Mark 16:15-16.
6. The knowledge of Jesus is the aroma of death to those who do not believe.
a. Those who do not believe are condemned, John 3:18-20, Mark 16:16.
b. Those who love this present world and its riches are not willing to follow
Jesus, Matthew 19:16-22, 1 John 2:15-17, Matthew 6:19-21.
III. PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS
1.The gospel was carried into the whole world by Jesus' apostles and those trained by
them; (Colossians 1:5-6, 23) - Today the church has the challenge of carrying
the message about Jesus to everyone - Matthew 28:18-20, 2 Timothy 2:2.
2. We need to share the knowledge of Jesus with those who do not know Him so
that they can choose life or death, 2 Corinthians 4:5-6, 13-15.
3. Jesus has promised to be with us and provide the needed help, 1 John 1:3-10,
Colossians 2:6-7, Romans 8:10-11, 2 Corinthians 4:6-14.
IV. MEMORY VERSE - 2 CORINTHIANS 2:14