"I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS"
I. TEXTUAL THOUGHTS
1.2 Timothy 2:10-13, Hebrews 10:23 - Jesus always keeps His promises.
2. Acts 18:5-11 - He protected Paul as promised.
3. Acts 27:20-28:1 - He saved Paul from shipwreck and the planed execution.
4.1 John 4:12-16 - He is with us when we love each other.
5. Ephesians 3:14-21 - He strengthens us by His Spirit.
II. MAIN THEME - Jesus promised to be with His disciples as they went into all the world preaching the gospel. Jesus always keeps His promises, and He will be with us today as we go about doing His will.
1. Jesus promised to be with His disciples always.
a. He keeps His promises, 2 Timothy 2:10-13, Hebrews 10:23.
b. He protected Paul, Acts 18:5-11, 27:20-28:1.
c. He strengthened others, Acts 7:54-56, Acts 8.
d. He will be with us, Ephesians 3:14-21.
2. He is able to protect us:
a. Because He is over all power and authority, 1 Corinthians 15:24-25,
Colossians 1:15-18, Matthew 28:18.
b. Because He understands our needs, Hebrews 2:14-18.
c. Because He will not let us be overwhelmed, 1 Corinthians 10:13.
3. Therefore we can be confident as we live and work in the body of Christ.
a. Seeing the fruit of the Spirit in our lives, Galatians 5:22-24 1 John 3:14-21.
b. Having the love of God and love of the church working in our lives,
1 John 4:7-21, Romans 13:8-14, Ephesians 4:1-3.
c. Being conquerors in Jesus Christ, Romans 8:31-39.
d. Recognizing that God is able to do all things through us, 2 Corinthians 3:4-6,
Ephesians 3:20-21, Philippians 4:13.
III. PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS
1. We need to have a constant awareness of Jesus' presence and protection with
us so that we can work effectively, Philippians 1:19-21, 2:12-16, 4:4-6.
2. Remember that God works through us and our success does not depend on our
ability, but our success depends on trusting God and being faithful in our
commitments, Philippians 2:12-13, 1 Corinthians 3:5-11, Hebrews 10:22-24,
2 Corinthians 3:4-6, Ephesians 3:20-21.
3. Nothing can take us away from God's protection so long as we remain faithful to
Him, Romans 8:28-39, 16:24-27.
IV. MEMORY VERSE - HEBREWS 10:23