"PREACH THE GOSPEL"
I. TEXTUAL THOUGHTS
1. Mark 16:15 - We are commanded to preach the gospel.
2 1 Corinthians 15:1-8 - The gospel is the message of Jesus Christ.
3. Acts 9:20-22 - Paul preached that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.
4. 1 Corinthians 2:2 - Paul was determined to preach Jesus Christ crucified.
5. 2 Corinthians2:14-17 - We are to make Jesus known in every place.
II. MAIN THEME - Preaching the good news about Jesus is the command given by Jesus to His apostles, and through them to us. This involves telling about Jesus' life and what happened at Calvary, and this message is to be preached in every place to every person.
1. The apostles preached the gospel:
a. On Pentecost at Jerusalem, Acts 2:22-36.
b. With the power of miracles, Acts 3:1-26.
c. Through those selected to preach, Acts 8:5, 35.
d. Through those trained by others, Acts 18:24-28.
e. Through those sent out by the church, Acts 13:1-5.
2. The gospel is:
a. The message about the crucifixion of Jesus, 1 Cor 2:2.
b. The message by which we are saved 1 Cor 15:1-4, 1 Peter 1:18-25.
c. The message that produces faith, John 20:30-31, Romans 10:8-17.
d. The message that asks for obedience, Romans 6:17, Hebrews 5:9,
Acts 8:35-38, Acts 2:38-41, Mark 16:15-16.
e. A simple message easily understood, 1 Cor 1:17-21, 2:1-5.
f. A message confirmed by miracles, Mark 16:17-18, Acts 2:43, 2 Peter 1:16-21.
g. A message for all people, Mark 16:15, 2 Cor 2:14, Col 1:23.
III. PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS
1. We should not teach human wisdom to people, but preach the gospel to those who
are lost, 1 Corinthians 1:17, 2:1-2, 15:1-4.
2. Preaching about religious issues concerning human wisdom and opinions
produces confusion and detracts from the gospel, 1 Timothy 1:3-7, Titus 1:10-16.
3. Jesus wants us to take His message to all people, Colossians 1:5-6, 23,
2 Corinthians 2:14-17,5:14-21, Mark 16:15.
4. It is the responsibility of individual Christians and the church to preach the gospel,
Matthew 28:20, 2 Timothy 2:2, Acts 8:1-4, 13:1-5, Ephesians 3:10.
IV. MEMORY VERSE - MARK 16:15