EXALTED BY GOD
I. TEXTUAL THOUGHTS
1. Job 1:8, 2:3 - God loves to exalt people.
2. John 12:27-28 - He can exalt them before and after death.
3. 1 Timothy 2:1-4 - God wants to lift up everyone in salvation.
4. Hebrews 12:1-3 - The anticipation of exaltation helps get one through the
humiliation and trials of life.
5. Philippians 2:5-11 - God has chosen to exalt the humble and obedient.
II. MAIN THEME - During his life and ministry, Jesus demonstrated submission
to His Father and was rewarded by being exalted over everything.
1. God loves to exalt people.
a. He exalted Jesus, who became sin - Philippians 2:9-11.
b. Jesus exalted God's servants - Matthew 11:7-14.
c. Jesus exalted non-Jews - Matthew 15:21-28; Luke 7:9.
2. God exalts people before and after death.
a. God exalted Jesus before, during and after his earthly ministry -
Mathew 3:17, 17:5, 28:18.
b. Moses - Numbers 12:1-8; Heb 11:27-29.
c. Jesus exalted Peter - Matthew 16:17-19; Acts 1-11.
3. God wants to lift up everyone in salvation.
a. Children - Luke 18:15-17.
b. Sinners - Luke 7:36-50.
c. His son - John 12:27-28.
4. The anticipation of exaltation helps get one through the humiliation and trials of
a. It did for Jesus - Mark 8:31, 9:9, 31.
b. It did for Paul - 2 Corinthians 4:16-18.
c. It did for Moses - Hebrews 11:24-26.
5. He has chosen to exalt the humble and obedient - Matthew 23:12; Luke 14:11;
James 4:6-10; 1 Peter 5:5-6.
1. Don't waste time, energy, words, or anything else in exalting yourself. If you do,
God will humble, not exalt you - Luke 18:9-14.
2. Be prepared for God to lift you up each day - James 4:6-10.
3. If God doesn't lift you up, be confident he will in the final resurrection -
1 Corinthians 15:20-23,50-58.
4. Honor others when they deserve it - 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13.
IV. MEMORY VERSES - Philippians 2:9-10