JESUS, MY LORD
I. TEXTUAL THOUGHTS
1. Matthew 6:24 - There are many lords, or masters, but only one worth serving.
2. Matthew 6:24 - Only one lord can be served and loved at a time.
3. Matthew 7:21 - The Lord deserves to be honored with lips and obedience.
4. Matthew 20:25-28 - Jesus, the Lord, is like no other Lord, and Philippians 2:5-8.
5. Ephesians 4:5 - There is only one true Lord.
6. Philippians 2:9-11 - All will recognize Jesus as Lord, either joyfully or reluctantly,
and Matthew 25:31-46.
II. MAIN THEME - Jesus has been shown to be the one true Lord in many ways.
1. Through the power of his words:
a. In general - John 7:32,45-46, 18:1-6.
b. To predict the future (prophecy) - John 13:18-20.
c. To heal - John 5:1-9.
2. Through his power over:
a. Nature - Matthew 14:26-33.
b. Demons & diseases - Matthew 8:14-17.
3. By his conquering death:
a. Others death - John 11:38-45, 12:9-11.
b. His own - John 20:26-29; Acts 2:24-36.
4. Through the testimony of others:
a. Non-Jews - Luke 7:2-10.
b. Friends - Luke 11:1.
c. Enemies - Mark 15:39.
d. God - Philippians 2:9-11; Acts 9:3-6.
1. Honor Jesus with your lips - Romans 10:9.
2. Honor Jesus with obedience - Romans 6:12-13.
3. Present your bodies (lives) as living and holy sacrifices to God - Romans 12:1.
4. Renew your mind by continually looking at the Lord - Romans 12:2;
2 Corinthians 3:17-18.
5. Preach and live Jesus as Lord, so the light of the Lord shines in word and deed -
2 Corinthians 4:3-5.
6. Live with the ambition of pleasing the Lord, reconciling people to God -
2 Corinthians 5:8-9,14-19.
7. Whatever you do, do as to the Lord - Ephesians 6:7-8.
8. To summarize, because Jesus is the one true Lord, let him have first place in
everything - Colossians 1:18.
IV. MEMORY VERSE - Philippians 2:11