PROCLAIMER OF THE GOSPEL
I. TEXTUAL THOUGHTS
1. 1 Timothy 2:3-7- God desires all men to be saved.
2. 1 Timothy 4:10-11- God is the savior especially of them that believe.
3. 2 Timothy 1:8-13- Do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord.
4. 2 Timothy 4:1-5- Preach the word! Fulfill your ministry!
II. MAIN THEME- Evangelists have the responsibility to carry the message of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ to the lost world. Also they must teach the church and encourage all Christians to live like Jesus. Suffering and service to others will reveal the reality of faith in the evangelist's life.
1. Carry the gospel to the world.
a. God wants everyone to be saved through Jesus Christ; I Tim 2:3-7;
Acts 17:30-31; John 3:16; II Tim 1:8-9.
b. Jesus came into the world to save sinners, I Tim 1:15; Rom 3:21-25.
c. Salvation is in Christ Jesus, II Tim 2:10; Acts 4:10-12; John 14:6.
d. The gospel is the power of God for salvation to all who believe,
I Cor 1:17-24; Mark 16:15; Rom 1:16-17; I Cor 15:1-4.
e. God has given this ministry of reconciliation to us, II Cor 5:18-21; 4:1-2.
2. Preach Jesus Christ to the church.
a. Teach the church to live like Jesus, I Tim 3:14-16; II Tim 2:14-26; 4:1-5.
b. Teach the church to think like Jesus, I Tim 1:14; Phil 2:1-16; Eph 4:1-3.
3. Be ready to suffer for the gospel.
a. Jesus set the example of suffering, II Tim 2:8-12; I Pet 2:21.
b. Paul followed the example of Jesus in suffering, II Tim 1:8-16; 2:3, 8-10;
3:10-12; II Cor 11:23-28; Gal 6:17.
c. We must suffer for the sake of others, 2 Tim 2:1-10; 1 Pet 2:18-25;
3:13-18; Col 1:24-29.
4. Rely on God's power, not your own.
a. We are vessels for God's use, 2 Tim 2:20-21; 2 Cor 4:1-11.
b. God has given us a ministry to carry out, 2 Tim 4:17-18; 1 Tim 1:12; 2:3-7.
c. God has given us the power to do the work, 2 Tim 1:6-8; 4:17; 2 Cor 3:4-6.
d. God, not self, is to be glorified, 1 Tim 4:10; 1 Cor 2:1-5; 3:5-9.
e. Regardless of our circumstances, God's word is not bound;
2 Tim 2:8-9; 2 Cor 1:8-11; 4:7; Acts 16:22-34.
III. PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS
1. Keep your focus on the source and the message, not on your own abilities to
perform. God's work in Jesus Christ is the message. 1 Cor 2:1-5.
2. Expect to suffer for the gospel, and rejoice when you are counted worthy to
suffer in the name of Jesus. 1 Pet 4:16.
IV. MEMORY VERSES- 2 TIMOTHY 2:8-10.