I. TEXTUAL THOUGHTS
1. Matthew 25:31-46- Jesus promised the judgment of all mankind.
2. Acts 17:30-31- God ordained Jesus as Judge of the world.
3. Romans 14:10-12- Each of us must give an account of ourselves to God.
4. Hebrews 4:12-13- Nothing is hidden from Jesus.
II. MAIN THEME- Everyone must stand before Jesus and give an account of the things we have done in the body. It is a fearful thing to face the judgment of God, for He has the power to destroy both body and soul in Hell. But there is no condemnation of those who are in Jesus Christ. Faithful Christians can look forward to the coming judgment with joy and peace, knowing the blood of Jesus has cleansed us from all sin.
1. The judgment of God is certain.
a. Jesus proved the bodily resurrection, John 20:26-29; Luke 24:36-43.
b. Jesus promised our resurrection and judgment, Mat 25:31-46.
c. God has appointed the time and the Judge, Acts 17:30-31.
2. Everyone will be judged.
a. Every person shall give an account, Romans 14:10-12.
b. Everyone will receive justice for deeds of this life, 2 Cor 5:10;
Mat 12:35-37; 16:27.
3. Man should fear God's judgment.
a. He is able to destroy both body and soul, Mat 10:28; Luke 12:4-5.
b. Nothing is hidden from our Judge, Heb 4:12-13; John 4:17-18, 29.
c. The enemies of God will be destroyed, Heb 10:26-27.
4. There is only one way to escape condemnation.
a. Through faith in Jesus, John 3:16; Rom 8:1; 4:5-8.
b. By obeying the gospel, Rom 1:16; 6:17; Heb 5:9; 12:1-2.
c. By walking with Jesus, 1 John 1:7-9; I Pet 4:17-19.
5. The judgment scene.
a. All the dead will be there, Rev 20:12-13.
b. Those not in the book of life will be cast into hell, Rev 20:15.
c. Some who claimed to be great workers will be surprised, Mat 7:21-23.
d. God's people will share a new creation, Rev 21:5.
III. PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS
1. We need to constantly remember that the things of this world will pass away,
2 Pet 3:10-13; 1 John 2:15-17.
2. We should work for real wages that last forever, Mat 6:19-21; 1 Cor 3:10-14.
3. Loving God and loving God's people gives us confidence to face judgment,
1 John 4:7-21; 5:5; 3:13-24; Rom 4:5-8; 6:17-18.
IV. MEMORY VERSES- ACTS 17:30-31