"GO INTO ALL THE WORLD"
I. TEXTUAL THOUGHTS
1. Mark 16:15-16 - Jesus commands us to go to all the people.
2. 2 Corinthians 5:14-21 - God's love constrains us to teach the gospel.
3. Ephesians 2:1-10- - God has created us in Jesus Christ for this purpose.
4. Romans 3:22-26, 10:2-4 - All are lost without faith in Jesus Christ.
II. MAIN THEME - Jesus has commanded Christians to carry His message to all people so that those who believe on Him may be saved.
1. Christians will carry the gospel to all people because:
a. Jesus has commanded it, Mark 16:15-16, Matthew 28:18-19.
b. It is our nature as Christians, Ephesians 2:10, 2 Corinthians 5:14-15.
c. It is our stewardship given by God,1Cor 9:17, 2Cor 5:18-19.
d. It gives us personal reward,1 Cor 9:18, 23-25, Proverbs 11:30, 2 Tim 4:7-8.
2. Preaching the gospel is God's way of overcoming sin.
a. The message has the power to produce faith, John 20:30-31, Romans 1:16, 10:17.
b. All are lost without faith in Jesus Christ, Romans 3:22-26, 10:2-4.
3. Sending others to preach is part of our responsibility.
a. Following the example of Jesus, Luke 10:1-16.
b. As Paul commanded Timothy, 2 Timothy 2:2, 4:1-5.
c. As the early church sent men to preach, Acts 13:1-3, Romans 10:13-15.
4. Preaching the gospel to the world glorifies God.
a. When we teach about Christ in our daily lives, Colossians 3:12-17.
b. When we reveal Jesus Christ to the world, Ephesians 3:8-21.
c. When we face suffering because of the gospel, 2 Corinthians 11:24-29.
d. When we preach the gospel at our own expense, 1 Thessolonians 2:9, 2 Thessolonians 3:7-9.
III. PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS
1. When we understand who we are and what purpose we have in God's family, we
will want to preach the gospel at every opportunity, Ephesians 2:1-10.
2. God wants His manifold wisdom, the gospel of Jesus Christ, to be revealed to the
world by the church, Ephesians 3:5-6, 8-10, 21.
3. Preaching the gospel at our own expense glorifies God and proves that we are not practicing Christianity for the wrong reasons, 1 Thess 2:9. 2 Thess 3:7-9,1 Timothy 6:3-16, 2 Corinthians 11:7-15.
IV. MEMORY VERSE - EPHESIANS 2:10